Monday, April 18, 2016

The Other

I love to think outside the box when I buy new stamps or stamp sets. While they are new and the excitement is fresh is really the time to do this. One rule I have for making sure I get my money's worth is to make one card, one scrapbook page, and one 'other'. The 'other' is the most challenging part. Sometimes I think and think on it, and sometimes, like in the case of Mo Manning's Neighbors I knew before I even bought it. I saw this stamp and couldn't wait to decorate my new address book. My old address book had lasted years, with scribbles and stickers covering old addresses, names I no longer recognized, and some names that brought back smiles and fond memories, but where nonetheless obsolete. I loved making this and likely will make some gifts this Christmas using the same stamp. This stamp is great for cards such as; welcome to the neighborhood, congrats on your new home, we've moved, come to a house warming or invitation to a block party! It can be found here: http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/neighbors/
If you decide to challenge yourself to my standard of making sure you get your stamp value, some other 'others' I have done have been jewelry, bookmarks, wall art, magnets, and stamping on fabric. With these digis I suppose you would print them on iron on transfer paper to do that. Share your ideas in comments. Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. What a cool idea for an address book cover. Fantastic use of that image Tracy. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Mo's challenge!

    ReplyDelete