Sunday, August 28, 2016

Simple delft tea card


 So, I bought this Mucinex at the Dollar Tree and I couln't just throw away the package like a normal person might. Why not? because it was so cute, shaped like a cup. This is how I ended up using it, and despite my title, it's sort of complex. I used this with stampin' Up! A Nice Cuppa. And whit card stock.
First I kept both the bubble and the die cut inside as a template:


 And here's the die cut, traced onto a 5&1/2 x 11 card base:

Oops, the bubble had some legs, so I just had to press in place and trace those from the bubble itself. I couldn't use the bubbly to trace the whole thing becaus ethere are pars that don't follow the shape, as well as needing  the hole to be smaller than the bubble.


 After fitting it in I was able to press against where I might need some detail snipping. See the black lines? Those are getting snipped. 

I then stamped a cute little tea bag all over the card front. Including one that says "and you".


Next I needed a piece of paper that was the same size as the card front.


I laid it behind so we can see where to stamp. 

 And stamped:

Next, lay the bubble in with lots of glue (hot glue if you like) around the edges. Add the tea and the stamped background, using again, lots of glue.  You see that the message is hidden under the tea, it is good there, they will either discover it now or later and be able to save a lovely card even after extracting their special gift. 


Stamp inside:


Add a little bow and voila! Mine will be hand delivered, but if you are mailing yours make a 'box envelope' or include it in with your next batch of goodies to the recipient; grandma, college students, favorite aunites, besties.... you get the idea.







No comments:

Post a Comment